About Me!

 Hi, I'm Megan Hovey! 


I grew up in Western New York and am currently working towards a degree in Sports Media at High Point University. I love creating content that is passionate, purposeful, and tells a story.

When I'm not in the classroom, I love spending time with family and friends, cheering on the Buffalo Bills, and figure skating (something that has been a part of my life for almost 15 years). I took a gap year last year to tour with Disney on Ice as an ensemble skater, which was one of the greatest experiences of my life. Performing and creating memories for so many families around North America is something that will cherish forever. Exploring cities around the United States, Mexico, and Canada instilled a love for travel inside of me that I didn't know I had. Places that I probably would have never seen I can now say I've traveled to (hello, Sioux Falls, South Dakota and Albuquerque, New Mexico!). I also love playing with my Goldendoodle, Ben. I wish I could bring him with me to college, but he's not a fan of the North Carolina heat! 



In the future, I aspire to obtain a career for a collegiate or professional sports team in their social media department. I'd also love to work for The Olympic Channel or NBC Olympics at some point! My uncle photographed for the Buffalo Bills, Sabres, and Toronto Maple Leafs, in addition to various Olympic athletes. My mom is a self-proclaimed "Olympic junkie". She doesn't leave the couch when they're on-taking in all of the feature stories in addition to the events. I guess you could say the Olympic passion runs in the family! 


I created this blog for my Media Law & Literacy class at High Point University, which focuses on the First Amendment of the United States Constitution. 

Comments